Experience and background
- President American Hospital Ltd., 5205 Church Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11203, 2005 - present
- Chairman, AFAM Comprehensive Healthcare Medical Group, 5205 Church Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11203, June 2000 - present
- Attending Physician, New York Methodist Hospital (Affiliation of Cornell Hospital of N.Y.), April 1999 - present
- Attending Physician, Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynecology Brooklyn Hospital, Brooklyn, NY 11201, Oct 1996 - present
- Staff Attending Physician, Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynecology, St Mary's Hospital, 170 Buffalo Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11213, Oct 1996 - June 1999
- Board certification OB/GYN, Private Practice, 1854 Bedford Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11225, July 1992 - Dec 1992
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Kings County Hospital Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203, July 1990 - June 1992
- Residency in Obstetrics & Gynecology, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY, June 1987 - June 1990
- Intership in Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Missouri (Truman Medical Center), Kansas City, MO, July 1986 - June 1987
- Emergency Room Physician, MECA Medical Inc, Spectrum Emergency Care, St. Louis, MO, July 1985 - June 1986
- Internship: Internal Medicine, St. Louis University Group of Hospitals, St. Louis, MO, July 1984 - June 1985
- M.D., St Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, 1980 - 1984
- B.S. Biology, Roosevelt University, Chicago, Illinois, 1977 - 1980
"It's a Sistah Thing" - Book published in 2002.
Dr. Obiakor collaborated with Author Monique Brown on this guide to understanding and dealing with fibroids for black women.